Many people can not refuse bread and pastries when trying to follow a keto diet. This is not surprising, since bread products are very different. Therefore, each person has his favorite keto bread or keto bun. Now this is not such a big problem for thin people, because in the shops there is a lot of low-carb wholesome flour: almond flour, flax flour, coconut flour. It all depends on your taste preferences.
Today we will tell you about three simple and very tasty keto bun recipes. They are great for breakfast and lunch. They are especially popular with men and children because of the variety of filling and satiety.
Keto Buns with Oregano
This recipe is as simple as its composition. You do not need to look for rare ingredients to bake delicious keto buns with oregano for breakfast!
By the way, you can try making keto buns not only with oregano, but also with a mixture of Italian or Provencal herbs. This method also turns out very tasty and satisfying. Outside, pastries have a golden crisp, and inside they are soft, thanks to the olive oil and chicken eggs.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Chicken egg – 4 pieces
- Olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Almond flour – 50 gr.
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Oregano or other dry herbs – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut oil (can be replaced with any oil) – to lubricate the form
Energy value of 1 keto bun:
- Kcal – 131
- Fat – 11 gr.
- Carbohydrates – 1 gr.
- Protein-7 gr.
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C;
- Prepare a roll baking pan. Lubricate it with coke oil;
- Place chicken eggs and olive oil in a deep bowl. Whisk the ingredients with a whisk;
- Add almond flour, salt and oregano to the mixture. Thoroughly mix all ingredients with a whisk until smooth and lump free;
- Pour the finished dough evenly into the grooves in the baking dish;
- Put the baking dish in the oven for 25 minutes;
- Cook Keto Oregano Buns at room temperature before deciding to remove them from the baking dish. If you get the buns before, they can lose their shape.
Why you should use coconut oil?
It is great for many keto recipes. It is often used for frying due to the fact that when heated, coconut oil doesn’t emit harmful carcinogens. It adds a subtle coconut flavor to the beneficial properties.
Sweet Keto Buns for Breakfast
Many people love to eat something sweet for breakfast. But we all want breakfast to be not only healthy, but also tasty. It’s worth trying to make sweet keto buns. They have a delicious nut and cinnamon filling. Therefore, they are somewhat reminiscent of sinabons. If you and your family adore sweet foods for breakfast, then you will definitely like these buns!
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Servings Per Container: 12
Ingredients for the dough:
- Grated mozzarella – 200 gr.
- Cottage cheese – 80 gr.
- Chicken egg – 1 piece
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Coconut flour – 120 gr.
Ingredients for the filling:
- Ground cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Erythritol – 1-2 tablespoons
- Walnuts – 50 gr.
- Chilled butter – 20 gr.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C;
- Put ground cinnamon, erythritol, walnut, butter in a blender or food processor. Crush the ingredients to fine wet crumbs;
- Place the curd cheese and grated mozzarella cheese in a heat-resistant cup. Put the ingredients in the microwave. Heat the cheese to melt it. Remember that mozzarella should not bubble at the same time;
- In the melted curd put 100 grams of coconut flour, baking powder and chicken eggs. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Remember that it is necessary to mix products very quickly, before the cheese has had time to harden;
- If the cheese dough is too thin and sticky, then add more coconut flour to it for density;
- Roll the dough into a 4 mm thick layer;
- Grease the dough with a sweet filling;
- Divide the dough into strips of 3 cm. Roll each strip into a “snail” shape;
- Take a baking dish and cover it with baking paper. Put future keto buns in the baking dish;
- Put the baking sheet with keto buns in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Readiness keto buns can be identified by the appearance of golden-brown crust.