What is the best thing of keto diet? That there is no need to starve to lose weight! And also the fact that you can eat barbecue without suffering from feeling shame! This is especially good in summer, when you want to get out to nature and have a picnic. Keto barbecue don’t very different from other keto meat recipes or regular meat recipes. But doesn’t anyone want to get more ideas for a summer picnic?
Even if the summer weather is not so good, or you do not have the opportunity to go out of town, you can prepare the meals with these keto meat recipes at home on the stove. It’s gonna be great, too. And with adding a little liquid smoke or other flavors, you can forget that you are in the city during the meal time.
Keto meat recipe for barbecue – keto pork
Here’s a recipe for the most delicious pieces of juicy pork for the barbecue season. The recipe seems banal, but I like these proportions and combinations of vegetables and meat.
To prepare 2 servings of the keto barbecue you’ll need:
- 150 g pork
- 40 g of sweet pepper
- 40 g tomatoes
- 40 g celery
- salt, pepper, chili pepper, sweet pepper, oregano, Basil (or other spices)
- Cut the pork meat into cubes and roll in spices.
- Vegetables also should be cut into cubes.
- Put the pieces of vegetables and meat on skewers or barbecue grill.
- Keep over fire until ready or fry, turning, in a pan, for example, in melt fat (about 20 minutes is enough). You can also do it in the oven, especially it has the grill function. It will take about 30 minutes.
Per 1 serving
- Energy value – 370 kcal
- Proteins: 26.8 g
- Fat: 27.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2 g
Juicy pork neck “bbq”
The best way to cook a keto barbecue from a fat piece of pork, in particular from a neck, is a slow baking. Whether it’s coals and a small open flame or a small oven heat.
However, in a pan such keto barbecue can also be implemented. And here is one of the most appropriate keto meat recipes for cooking “barbecue” in the apartment.
Recipe for 3 servings
- 0.5 kg pork neck
- 50 g of fat
- 4 bay leaves
- 6-10 grains of fragrant pepper peas
- 100 g onions
- a pinch of sweet paprika, pepper
- some water
- The meat is washed, cut into thick (a bit more than 1 cm) slices.
- Prepare a large frying pan. A wok-pan would be the best option.
- Dissolve the fat in a frying pan. Fry the meat on both sides until golden brown.
- Add bay leaves, coriander, herbs and a little water to the meat, then cover with a lid.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes adding a little water from time to time.
- Before the last 10 minutes, throw the chopped onion.
- At the end add pepper, paprika, salt and simmer for another minute.
- Keto barbecue is ready!
- Fat left on the frying pan can be used as a dressing for the vegetables or salad served to the meat.
If you cook it on the coals, the meat should be marinated in the above spices for a night. And then strung on skewers or put on the grill.
Per 1 serving
- Energy value – 409 kcal
- Protein: 21.5 g
- Fat: 35.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 g
Chicken keto meat recipe – citrus keto barbecue
Keto barbecue can be attributed to a very hearty or even heavy dishes. In the preparation of such keto meat recipes, spices giving salty and spicy taste are mainly used. However, sometimes we want variety, something completely different. Today I offer you to cook dinner chicken wings with citrus zest in the lemon juice!
For 0.5 kg chicken keto barbecue wings we need:
- 500 g chicken wings
- zest of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- 50 g lemon juice (approximately the juice of 1 lemon)
- teaspoon ground sweet pepper
- half a teaspoon of hot pepper,
- a teaspoon of your favorite herbs
- 10 g butter to greasy the mold / pan
- 150 grams of whole mushrooms
- Wash the wings, add salt and mix with the spices.
- A baking sheet or form grease with oil and lay out the wings.
- Sprinkle the wings with lemon and orange zest and pour with the juice. Put the mushrooms aside to the wings.
- Put in the oven and bake until ready (about an hour or less) at 180 degrees.
- Periodically pour with water during baking, but not a lot, it will take about 1/2 cup of water.
When cooking in the grill, you need to pre-marinate the citrus keto barbecue chicken wings for a night in these ingredients.
Per 1 serving (wing)
- Energy value – 210 kcal
- Proteins: 11.5 g
- Fat: 14.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.9 g