Breakfast is often associated with cereal and milk. Many people have this dish as favourite breakfast since childhood. And it has become a kind of habit along with other morning rituals. The stores now have an incredible variety of cereals to choose from. We will not argue about how healthy these semi-finished product are. But just one thing for sure – keto granola version of these breakfasts much more useful and tastier.
Super crispy keto granola is a real fragrant bomb.
This keto granola is really crispy, even after 10 minutes (!!) aging in almond milk.
This keto granola perfectly go with iced nut or soy milk and raspberries. A good combination of flavors will also be keto granola with greek or keto yogurt and strawberries. It all depends on your preferences.
Nuts and seeds in granola make it crispy, especially if they are dried or fried. But to make granola or muesli even more crispy, they are usually sprinkled with sugar, which melts when heated, and then, when cooled, get caramlized again. Thus, all the picies of granola flakes are covered with a layer of sugar glaze and crunch.
How to make keto granola crispy without sugar? After all, sweeteners do not behave quite the same as sugar. You can use erythritol, leaving the low carb granola for a night. Sugar alcohols take some time to return to a solid state. You can also use sukrine,
This keto granola can be easily changed according to what you like. Just make sure that the ratio of dry and liquid ingredients is about the same.
Things to add in keto granola
Lightly roasted sesame seeds give an incredible depth of taste and aroma. And after mixing it with cinnamon there will be an incredible coffee-like aroma in your low carb granola.
Almonds: are one of the preferred types of nuts for the keto diet, and it’s not unreasonable. Almonds contain a lot of healthy fats, fiber, protein, vitamin E and magnesium.
Pecans: very rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (mainly oleic acid) and rich in antioxidants (reduce inflammation), manganese (good for weight loss).
Sunflower seeds: incredibly rich in nutrients, namely vitamin E, copper and vitamin B1. They are an excellent source of manganese, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, folic acid, Niacin and vitamin B6. Yes, it’s almost a perfect product!
Pumpkin seeds: as healthy as sunflower seeds. Among the nutrients they contain are magnesium, manganese, copper and zinc. Pumpkin seeds are also very rich in antioxidants, which makes them even more valuable.
Chia seeds: contain a lot of protein and make granola much more crispy. Chia seeds contain large amounts of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and several important minerals and antioxidants. So if you are on keto and have difficulty with intestinal permeability, chia seeds are sure to become your new best friends.
Flax seeds: are an excellent source of essential omega-3 acids, fiber, vitamin B1, copper, magnesium, selenium and phosphorus.
Sesame seeds: a storehouse of healthy fats, calcium, iron, magnesium and vitamin B-6.
Cinnamon: ranks first (out of twenty-six other spices and herbs) in terms of antioxidant properties.
Pink Himalayan salt: highly recommended on a keto diet and for good reason. It contains about 84 minerals and trace elements, which is much more than in ordinary table salt. In addition, it enhances the taste.
Calculating the proportions you should remember that roasted nuts and seeds enhances their flavor. Watch the degree of roasting according to how golden you want them to be. If you have not yet faced with nuts roasting and have no idea how long it takes, put the nuts and seeds in the oven and check every 20 minutes.
- 100 g almonds, lightly roasted
- 100 g of pecan
- 60 g of lightly roasted sunflower seeds
- 60 g pumpkin seeds, lightly roasted
- 100 g of chia seeds
- 50 g flax seeds
- 60 g sesame seeds lightly roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 120 ° C. Place parchment on baking sheet.
- Mix lightly roasted nuts and seeds (except sesame) in a large bowl.
- Lightly fry sesame seeds over medium / low heat for 4-6 minutes. Make sure not to overcook, otherwise they will be bitter! Determine that they are ready, you can color. When they are ready, they are slightly gold, and break easily.
- Add sesame seeds, sweetener and cinnamon to the mixer and mix thoroughly.
- Add the resulting sesame sugar to the nut mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Now beat the egg whites with a mixer until soft peaks form. Add them to the muesli mixture.
- Spread the low carb granola on a prepared baking sheet in one layer and sprinkle with the Pink Himalayan salt. Bake for 45-50 minutes until they start to harden, checking every 15-20 minutes. Allow the low carb granola to cool completely.
- Break into pieces and pack in a sealed container for no more than a week in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 2 months.
Please note that nutritional volume are presented on 45 g of keto granola, which is about 2/3 of a cup.
Amount per serving (45 g):
- Calories 216 calories
- Total fat 18 g
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Protein 7 g