In keto dessertscooking we use different special ingredients to get the desired consistency and necessary properties of the dough. Sooner or later, we will have tried all available keto diet recipes, and then in the kitchen experiments and improvisation will begin.
So once I had a question – what thickener agent is better to use for low carb jelly? How to make keto jelly as low-calorie and low-carb as much? Or, on the contrary, a super calorie fat bomb?
So I made the test with the wide range of proportions and ingredients, with trial and error I’ve found the best number of thickeners and sweeteners. Below are the resulting recipes with nutrition and energy value information.
For the keto jelly preparation, I used a special silicone mold to make low carb jelly bears.
And filled it with the special pipette that make the process much easier. It is important to get the one that is resistant to high temperature, because the hot keto jelly mass is poured immediately after cooking.
Keto jelly – zero calories
- Mix the Bolero with water, add agar-agar.
- Put on fire and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring until agar-agar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the keto jelly mass into oiled molds and put in the refrigerator to cool.
Keto strawberry jelly
- Chop the strawberries in a blender.
- Add stevia and lemon acid to the strawberry puree. Stir and pot the gelatin there.
- Heat the mass on the plate by stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour the resulting jelly mass into a greased form (or forms), put in the fridge until solidification.
Keto fruit smoothie jelly
- Add erythritol, starch and lemon acid to the smoothie and mix.
- Pour all the keto jelly mass in a pan and add the gelatin.
- Keep on fire. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour the low carb jelly mixture into greased forms. Put in the fridge to cool.
Vegan keto almond and vanilla keto jelly
Keto jelly fat bomb
How many calories in keto jelly?
|Values per 100 g||Ordinary jelly bears (average)||Keto jelly – zero calories (agar-agar)||Keto fruit smoothie jelly (erythritol, starch, gelatin)||Keto fruit smoothie jelly (erythritol, starch, gelatin)||Vegan keto almond and vanilla keto jelly (erythritol, agar-agar)||Keto jelly fat bomb (erythritol, gelatin)|
|Calories||343 cal||30 cal||94 cal||85 cal||58 cal||168 cal|
|Fat||0.1 g||0 g||1 g||0.1 g||0,3 g||15 g|
|Carbs (i.e. sugar)||77,4 g (45,6 g)||0 g (0 g)||16,5 g (12 g)||19,4 g (7,3 g)||5,5 g (1 g)||6,4 g (4 g)|
|Protein||6,9 g||0 g||2,8 g||2 g||1.2 g||2 g|