We often talk about the delicious pile of hot pancakes. This dish is very versatile. You can add any supplement you like: berries, jelly, nuts, fruits, vegetables, meat, honey, creativity, etc. If you are on a kеto diet, this doesn’t mean that you cannot eat keto-pancakes. Coconut and almond flour are excellent substitutes for common wheat flour.
You can eat those keto-pancakes with different toppings. They practically don’t differ from ordinary pancakes. Perhaps you will taste the taste of almond or coconut. But we think that it will only make pancakes tastier!
Keto-pancake cooking tips:
- Have crispy edges. Some people like it when the pancakes are very soft and look like a rag. Try different modes of your plate to find the right option;
- If you don’t like thin pancakes with crunchy edges, add psyllium to the dough. While whipping eggs, add 1 tablespoon of psyllium. Thanks to him, your pancakes are fluffy and thick. They can put a tasty start;
- Keep track of time. If you don’t want to worry about pancakes, then don’t leave the stove for a long time. Don’t get distracted by social networks and TV. Keto-pancakes cooking doesn’t take much time;
- Pick the right amount of dough. In order for your pancakes to be the same size, take a suitable ladle. Remember that the depth of the pot is not suitable for all pans. If you have a very small skillet. Then type in the ladle less dough;
- The pan should be oiled correctly. If you just add butter to the pan, then your pancakes will turn into clumps of dough. To avoid this situation, you need to add some oil to the pan and smear it with a silicone brush. If you do not have brushes, you need to distribute the oil over the entire surface of the pan.
Almond flour keto-pancakes
Almond flour is an excellent substitute for wheat flour. It has a lot of useful substances. It will make your pancakes tight and elastic. Delicate almond pancakes go well with honey, sour cream, whipped cream and nuts.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 chicken eggs;
- 200 grams of almond flour;
- 70 ml of almond milk;
- 2 tablespoons of butter;
- 1 teaspoon of erythritol (sugar substitute);
- A pinch of salt.
- Break eggs into a bowl and add almond milk. Beat the ingredients for 1 minute;
- Mix flour, salt and sugar substitute in a suitable bowl;
- Flour with sugar substitute and salt gradually interfere with the egg mixture. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and leave to rest for 5 minutes;
- On a heated pan, add a little butter and fry the pancakes on each side until they are golden brown and holes appear. Add oil as needed.
Coconut keto pancakes
Coconut flour is used in many keto-recipes. It has not only an unusual and pleasant taste. Keto pancakes made from coconut flour were liked not only by you, but also by your children. It’s nice to eat such pancakes with whipped cream and fresh berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100 ml of milk (to your taste) or water;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 250 grams of coconut flour;
- 15 grams of coconut oil;
- Stevia (according to your taste)
- Break eggs into a bowl and beat;
- Gradually pour the coconut flour into the egg mass, mixing the ingredients thoroughly. If you want sweet pancakes, then add stevia in the dough;
- In a mixture with milk or water carefully beat the ingredients with a blender;
- Heat the pan and add coconut oil;
- Fry the pancakes on both sides. The readiness of each side can be determined by the golden color and the appearance of holes.