Soup is the best food for both who keep the body in shape and who lose weight. It perfectly fills the stomach, creating a feeling of satiety for a long time. And keto soup is not an exception. But unlike regular soups for weight loss, these recipes are high-calorie and high-fat.
Another important advantage of soup is that it can be prepared in large quantities and be just warmed up when necessary. Thus, you will always have at hand the food allowed on keto diet. This is especially important for those who are just starting to keep keto diet system. A portion of keto soup in the fridge, which only needs to be heated, will help not to break the diet.
In this article we will look at the three keto soup recipes – tomato, pumpkin and asparagus. All of them are rich in color – red, yellow and green – a real traffic light. They can decorate your table!
Red keto tomato soup recipe
Keto tomato soup is a simple and nutritious dish that can be changed in different ways.
A good keto soup should be fat and rich in minerals and vitamins. Therefore, it is better to cook it with chicken wings. This is a great option, as the soup will be really fat and tasty. Keto tomato soup is the most popular one among beginners of “keto adventure”.
For 6 serves
- 800 g chicken wings
- 1½ liters of water
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 40 g celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 leek leaves
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 200 ml of cream, 36%
- 100 ml olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Parsley leaves
- salt, black pepper, paprika to taste
- Wash the wings and vegetables (do not cut yet), throw them in a pot of water. Leave to boil.
- After that, add the chopped leek leaves, onion, bay leaves to the pan. Season the keto soup with spices and simmer for an hour.
- Strain the keto soup. Pour the broth back into the pan and set aside the rest. Add tomato paste, olive oil and cream to the broth. Again, put on medium heat.
- Separate the wings from the bones and add to the keto tomato soup.
- Boiled carrots, celery and parsley root cut and also add to the soup.
- Now it’s time to add herbs and spices. Cut the parsley and basil leaves and put them in the keto soup.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour keto tomato soup into plates and sprinkle with parsley.
Per 1 serving of the keto tomatoes soup
- Energy value – 403 kcal
- Fat: 35 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.0 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
Yellow keto cauliflower soup with roasted cauliflower
Golden keto cauliflower soup is a universal and simple dish at any time of the year. It quickly quenches hunger. Cooking this keto soup takes a little time.
The keto vegetable soup contains a lot of valuable electrolytes, if it is based on meat and vegetables broth. Cauliflower is a very valuable and healthy vegetable. At the same time, it is always can be found in a store and is not so expensive.
For 4 keto cauliflower soup servings
- 1 kg cauliflower
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (need to fry and grind)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sweet pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 500 ml of meat broth
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for frying
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 10 mint leaves for sprinkling, optional
- Separate the cauliflower stems from the inflorescences. Salt and pepper.
- Bake cauliflower in a preheated oven at 200ºC for 25 minutes.
- Remove the baked cauliflower from the oven and finely chop.
- Cut the coriander and onions and fry them in coconut oil. Then add spices, chopped cauliflower and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Put the vegetables in a saucepan, pour there the broth and coconut milk. Cook the keto soup for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Keto soup is ready. If desired, sprinkle the keto cauliflower soup with mint leaves before serving.
Per 1 serving of the keto cauliflower soup
- Energy value – 495 kcal
- Fat: 41.8 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
Green keto asparagus soup with peas and dill
Asparagus is still in the top products for the summer keto menu! And peas give the keto soup flavor and color.
Keto asparagus soup is fragrant, tasty and healthy!
For 4 servings
- 500 ml chicken broth
- 30 g butter
- 500 g green asparagus
- 30 g onions
- 10 g garlic
- 250 g of green peas, fresh or frozen
- 200 ml cream 36%
- 20 mint leaves
- bunch of dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Onions and garlic cut into cubes and fry in butter.
- Put onions and garlic in a saucepan, pour there meat broth, add asparagus and cook for 20 minutes.
- Strain the broth to separate the vegetables.
- Mix the vegetables and rub them through a sieve.
- Boil peas in strained broth of the keto asparagus soup (about 3 minutes).
- Add grated vegetables, mint, half chopped dill to the broth and peas. Salt, pepper and mix well.
- Bring the keto asparagus soup to a boil.
It’s better to serve the keto asparagus soup sprinkled with dill and chili. This will decorate the dish and give it a flavor. The green keto soup with asparagus can also be finished with poached egg or a slice of bacon.
Per 1 serving of the keto asparagus soup
- Energy value – 318,4 kcal
- Fat: 26.8 g
- Protein: 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g