Is it possible to keep keto diet if you are a vegetarian? After all, animal products are the main products to eat on the diet. But the answer is “yes”, it is possible. The two main principles of the keto diet are less carbohydrates and more fats. And if we are able to adapt the usual recipes for keto diet and these two principles, we can also change them a little bit, so they fit the vegetarian keto menu. What does a vegetarian keto or low-carb diet look like? See an example of the ready day vegan keto meal menu.
You can see more keto recipes for vegetarians here.
Vegetarian keto breakfast – fudge
I advice you to try this keto dessert as breakfast. The basic version of the recipe contains only 3 ingredients: coconut cream , erythrol and coconut oil. But you can add spices or flavors, although candy and so obtained delicious. The following proportions are suitable to make vegetarian keto sweet as similar as possible to the usual.
1 vegan keto lozenge (30 grams) has about 83 calories, 0.5 g protein, 9 g fat, 1 g of carbohydrates.
On 18 pcs we need:
- 350 ml coconut cream (or milk)
- 120 g erythritol
- 80 g coconut oil
- optional cocoa, vanilla, peanut butter, etc.
Mix coconut cream, erythrol, a pinch of salt and coconut oil in a saucepan put on heat. All this should become a smooth mass.
Cook on low heat (about 30-40 minutes) stirring until the mixture thickens.
A few minutes before it is ready, you can add vanilla, cocoa, peanut butter, sesame, almonds, etc.
Prepare baking forms for small fudges.
Pour the mixture into molds. Due to the fact that the fat is stratified, the mass should be stirred periodically to the consistency and density of praline were the same in each candy.
Place the mold in the fridge until it is completely frozen.
Then remove the candy from the mold and put in a closed box or paper bag. In the fridge they can be held up to 2 weeks.
Without any additives:
Total 550 g:
- 1497 cal
- P 6 g
- F 154 g
- C 23 g
In 100 g:
- 272 kcal
- P 1 g
- F 28
- C 4 g
Per 1 candy (31 g):
- 83 cal
- P 0.5 g
- F 9
- C 1 g
Vegetarian keto lunch – pizza
Can vegan keto pizza, which is alsp gluten-free, compete with regular one? Of course, just try this vegan keto meal!
For 1 vegetarian keto pizza (diameter about 30 cm)
- half a Cup of boiled soybeans (110 g)
- 1/4 Cup Flaxseed (64 g))
- 2 tablespoons oil (22 g)
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (14 g)
- 1 tablespoon of yeast flakes (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
instead of cheese
- 2 large carrots (220 g)
- 2 tablespoons oil (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of yeast flakes (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (10 g)
- 2 small mushrooms (36 g)
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned corn (44 g)
- 1 small tomato (104 g)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (44 g)
- Grind the beans in a blender and the linseed in a coffee grinder. Mix both with the remaining ingredients, add 125 ml of warm water and form a ball of dough.
- Put baking paper on pan and place the dough there. Press the dough ball to make it flat and spread on the form. Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Meanwhile, prepare the carrot for vegetarian keto pizza – peel it and cut into small cubes, pour boiling water and cook. Then rub it in mashed potatoes and mix with butter, yeast flakes and soy sauce.
- Tomatoes and mushrooms cut into slices.
- Spread the ready lower layer with “carrot cheese” and put the mushrooms, tomatoes and corn on top. Bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
1 vegan keto meal serving (1/6 of pizza):
- 180 kcal
- 7.2 g of protein
- 6.4 g of carbohydrates
- 13.6 g fat
Vegetarian keto dinner – chocolate cake with avocado cream
Chocolate cake with avocado cream is a nut cake filled with velvety mousse. It is prepared quickly and does not require baking. Isn’t that the perfect cake?
For the vegetarian cake of 22 cm diameter
- 200 g almond flour or ground almonds
- 60 g coconut oil
- 20 g cocoa 100%
For the cream
- 4-6 ripe avocados (about 700 g of pulp)
- 50 g cocoa
- 40 g coconut oil
- 1 vanilla pod or vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
Flour or pre-crushed almonds mixed with cocoa and sweetener.
Coconut oil melt and then add to the bowl with the flour.
Mix everything to the consistency of the dough, which should be laid on the bottom of the mold or pan.
Put the dough in the fridge.
Cut the avocado in half, remove the middle and remove the pulp with a teaspoon.
Melt the coconut oil for the filling and cool slightly.
Avocado, oil, cocoa, vanilla and sweetener mix until smooth.
Put the cream on the chilled cake and put it back in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Vegetarian keto cake with avocado cream can be sprinkled with almond flakes, pieces of nuts or coconut.
- 2246 kcal
- P 30 g
- F 210 g
- C72 g