Zucchini is in demand among many lovers of delicious food. This is not surprising, because this vegetable is used in many dishes. Today we will talk about the beneficial properties of zucchini on a keto diet and a recipe for a delicious keto pie.
How is zucchini useful on keto diet?
Zucchini is a vegetable with a very wide culinary use. Due to the delicate nut flavor, it can be eaten raw (great for salads or individually served with sauce), as well as frying, baking in the oven or on the grill, filling (it’s best to use round zucchini) and even bake zucchini cake (sweet!) In the kitchen, even zucchini flowers are used – they can be roasted or baked in the oven. The subtle zucchini flavor blends perfectly with expressive or sour additives, such as tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice or parmesan.
The reason you should eat zucchini is not only taste, but also nutritional value and beneficial effects on health. It is said that zucchini has more vitamins and minerals than pumpkin. Of course, this is a good source of vitamin A (necessary for proper vision and good immunity) – 100 g of zucchini contain about 210 mcg of this compound (the daily need for vitamin A for an adult is 700 – 900 mcg). Zucchini also contains vitamins from group B, (necessary for proper functioning of the nervous system, including the brain and efficient digestion) and vitamin C, which promotes iron absorption, strengthens the immune system, is necessary for the development and regeneration of tissues and good condition of teeth and gums.
Keto Zucchini Pie with Feta Cheese
Delicious sweet and sour zucchini with feta cheese. Zucchini is one of the most popular vegetables in the keto diet, because it contains very little carbohydrates, is simple to prepare and is tasty itself. Keto zucchini pie is very nutritious. It can be divided into portions and can be frozen, if you can not eat all the pieces at once. Zucchini cake on a keto diet will be a useful snack for you at any time of the day.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Zucchini cake dough on keto diet:
- Almond flour – 150 gr.
- Coconut flour – 2 tsp
- Cellulose – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Creamy or coconut oil – 40 gr.
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.
Stuffing for keto pie with zucchini on a keto diet:
- Zucchini – 350 gr.
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon (for greasing the form)
- Feta cheese – 200 gr.
- Cloves. Garlic – 2 pcs.
- Durum cheese – 100 gr.
- dried chili pepper flakes – ½ tsp
- Chicken egg – 3 pcs.
- Cream – 200 gr.
- Fresh Thyme – 1 tsp.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Energy value of 1 portion of zucchini pie on a keto diet:
- Kcal – 519
- Protein – 15 gr.
- Carbohydrates – 6 gr.
- Fat – 48.6 grams.
- Cellulose – 3.7 gr.
- Mix the almond flour with coconut flour in a deep bowl. Add fiber, salt, butter and chicken egg. Knead the dough;
- Cover the finished dough with foil or cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes;
- Remove the cooled dough from the refrigerator and roll it to a flat state. Put the dough in a baking dish with a diameter of 24 cm. Pierce the bottom of the dough with a fork or toothpick (make several small holes);
- Preheat oven to 175ºC;
- Put the dough in the preheated oven for 8 minutes;
- Remove the dough from the oven. Ovens do not turn off;
- Cut the zucchini into slices;
- Season zucchini with salt and let them soak for 20 minutes;
- Fry the zucchini in a skillet until a golden crust appears on the slices;
- Add chopped garlic to the zucchini. Fry all ingredients for 1 minute;
- Put the zucchini with garlic in a baking dish with dough. Evenly distribute the mass;
- Cut the feta cheese into small cubes. Hard cheese grate;
- Sprinkle with zucchini cheese;
- Mix in a cup of chicken eggs, cream, spices. Pour the mass into a baking dish on top of the zucchini and cheese;
- Put the keto pie with zucchini in a preheated oven. Bake him about 40 minutes;
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes;
- Cut the finished dish with zucchini on keto diet into 6 servings.